Presentation of the Center
The Center of Applied Cognitive Psychology was founded through the "Babes-Bolyai" University's Senate Decision, no. 524/03.05.1996. The center is recognized by CNCSIS after winning the competition for research centers in 2001. It functions as a satellite center of the Department of Psychology at "Babes-Bolyai" University. The center is directed by university prof. dr. Mircea Miclea (director), and the research team is composed of 10 members.
The thorough analysis of the present trends in psychology reveals that the activity of the Center aims a scientific domain of utmost interest. The future strategy of the center is to contribute to the development and progress of the domain both at the national and international level, through: (1) the elaboration of new research projects regarding the applications of cognitive psychology in education and health; (2) the utilization of these research results in the development of scientifically validated tools used in diagnosis and intervention; and (3) the promotion of a knowledge-based society.
The main objectives of the Center are:
- the promotion and development of research within the domain of applied cognitive science;
- the promotion of the application of cognitive psychology in education;
- the promotion of the application of cognitive psychology in health;
- the promotion of the application of cognitive psychology in the construction of educational software;
- the dissemination of the research results of these activities through publications within the filed and the organization of national and international scientific manifestations.
The considerably large number of publications, obtained national and international grants, prestigious scientific manifestations of the Center, reflect the fulfillment of these objectives at the highest demands.